Personal data collected
This site collects and uses the following types of personal data.
- Profile picture
This data is collected only when you sign in to leave a comment or sign up to receive posts to your e-mail.
How your personal data is used
Your personal data is used to
- Verify your identity when you write new comments
- Show your name and profile picture on the comments you write
- Notify you via e-mail when someone replies to your comments
- Send new posts to your e-mail, if you have signed up to receive them
Legal basis for processing
Your personal data is processed under the following legal bases
- Consent - when you provide explicit consent for certain activities
- Legitimate interests - to pursue our legitimate interests, provided your rights and interests do not override these interests
This site uses Matomo (hosted at analytics.bash.lk) to collect annoymous statistics about how this site is being used. These statistics help me improve this site and the content that is on it.
Matomo uses first party cookies to improve the accuracy of these statistics. These cookies do not require consent since they are used solely for the purpose of collecting anonymous statistics. They are not used to track your activity across different sites.
If you wish to be excluded from these statistics, you can click on the checkbox below to opt-out. If you clear your cookies or use a different device or web browser, you will have to opt-out again.
This site employs several measures to protect your personal data. However, no method of data transmission or storage is completely secure and I cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Your personal data will be stored as long as your comment account is active and/or you have signed up to receive posts to your e-mail. If you request your comment account's deletion or unsubscribe from receiving posts to your e-mail, the correspnding personal data will be deleted within 2 months.
You can request your comment account's deletion by logging into the comment section, clicking your username and clicking "Request my data removal" to send an e-mail to request its deletion.
You can stop receiving posts to your e-mail by clicking the unsubcribe link at the bottom of each e-mail.
Third parties who process your data
- You have certain rights regarding your personal data, including:
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to rectify inaccurate information.
- The right to erasure (the "right to be forgotten").
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to processing.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making.
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding how the app uses your data.
Changes to this policy